Thursday 24 October 2013

Reflection

So, here I am, 30 years old. When I was a kid, that was old! And now, that's me. And honestly? I feel the same way I did 10 years ago.....a little fluffier, and a little more sleepy maybe. ;) But, the same.

30 days ago, I started "30 good deeds by 30" And wow. It's been an amazing 30 days. When I first decided to do this, it was a fun way to pass thirty days until my birthday. But it became more than that. Day by day, I would do these nice things for people, and for myself. And as the days went on, I noticed all of the amazing opportunities I was seeing to do something that might just turn another person's day around. It didn't take any money, took very little time, but in a second you can put a smile on someones face. That made me happy. It's not because I'm amazing, or inspiring. It's because I'm human.

I noticed it changing the people around me, too. My mom has started randomly paying for the person in line behind her at the drive thru. My daughter, is being a better friend to kids at school. That makes me happy.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this; if you really pay attention, there are about a million chances in any given day, to do good. See some trash? Pick it up. Hold the door open for someone. Let someone in front of you in line at the grocery store. See a donation box? It could be for anything, drop your loose change in there. Just smile! This is a huge one. I went out one day, and made it a point to smile at every single person I passed, it was amazing to see the transformation in some people. It doesn't matter what your mood, seeing someone smile at you, it changes you. You can't help but smile back, and when you do, even if it's only for 10 seconds, you feel lighter, happier, relaxed. Just a smile.

Life is short, and what are we here for? To do something good, and special with this gift we've been given. Why not share that? Why not make people happy, and make yourself happy in the process? We can all make a difference. I know that sounds cheesy, but I believe it. In just 30 days, I have become more relaxed, happier, and much less hard on myself.

I hope you have all enjoyed my updates, and haven't found me too annoying. :p
Thanks so much for the encouragement, the last 30 days have been amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment