Saturday 8 September 2012

First week is over!!

First week of school that is. My big girl is in grade 1.....how??? When I think back to her very first day of school, the time between then and now seems like such a blur. It's like almost 3 years has went by in the blink of an eye. And now, grade 1. A whole new world. Going to school everyday has already taken it's toll on my sweet girl, who has been fast asleep at 7:30 every night. Not that I mind, since I'm in bed by then too;)

She is such a little lady now, we went school shopping, and my girl didn't want even 1 pair of pants. Only skirts and dresses. So then she had to pick out lots of pretty tights, and accessories, including scarves.....when did it become a thing to wear scarves as an accessory? If I put on a scarf, it's because it's -10. It has occurred to me how sad it is that my 6 year old knows more about current fashion trends than I do.

I also have to brag about Joel. I was hoping that his attitude would improve once Ciena went back to school. He would be getting more attention, and we would be back into some sort of routine around here. And I was right!! We haven't had any significant tantrums all week long! He has been so great, and I have been praising him like crazy about it in hopes that he would realize that he would rather behave. It's been so nice and peaceful around here. I feel a million times different than I did before the summer started. Logan was very colicky for the first almost 4 months of his life, and with the reflux...I really love that he is doing so much better. It's nice to be able to give attention to both boys during the day. I feel like a better mom:)

Now some pics!
First day of JK
 
First Day of SK

First day of Grade 1
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment