Sunday 13 May 2012

Logan Update!

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I hate when a blog that I read doesn't get updated enough, so I need to really make an effort to try to update often:)

Logan is great! I mean, really great! His EEG was normal, which was expected. So when I had the follow up with the pedi, I told him that if he was still convinced that Logan's episodes were caused by reflux, that it was time to medicate. He agreed that it couldn't hurt to give it a try. He prescribed him Nexium. He takes that once a day. And....no episodes in almost 4 weeks!! I'm cautiously optimistic, but seeing how Logan's episodes have been known to disappear for weeks at a time then start up again, I'm not convinced we've seen the last of them. But for now, things are great.

He has definitely turned a corner with his colic/fussiness. He is so much happier. He is teething, so there is still some whining, and unhappiness. But being able to get things done around the house has been much easier. He is content to sit in his bouncy chair, or swing in his swing, or even just lay on the floor. I even have moments where raising 3 kids is *gasp* easy!

I am praying that Logan keeps improving, and we have no setbacks. It is so hard to believe that he will be 4 months old in less than a week. The time has really flown by, and as difficult as those first few weeks/months were...I miss them.  I feel like him being hospitalized when he was still so itty bitty, and for so long really stole all of those "firsts" from me. I mean when i look at pics of him from the night before he was hospitalized, and then compare them to pics of him the day he was released. He looks so different. He changed so much while he was in the hospital, and I was so busy praying for him to get better that I missed it. I'm trying to really make the most of his "babyhood" Since this is possibly our last baby, I want it to last forever:(

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey I am do happy to hear that things have improved and you're seeing sunshine through all this. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I am just so thrilled to see Logan so happy. I hope things continue to be so great. Thank you so much for the support<3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete