Sunday 7 October 2012

What are you thankful for?

It is my favourite time of the year. The leaves are changing colours, it's cool enough to wear a sweater, and no more shorts...which means I can officially stop shaving my legs:)

Fall time!! It also means that my birthday is in just a few short weeks. Not that birthdays mean a whole lot after you become a mom.

It's also that time of year where you gather with your family, and think about the things that you are thankful for. So I decided to make a list. Now bear with me, this may get long;)

I am thankful for three beautiful children. They are my world, and the reason I get up in the morning.

I am thankful fr a loving husband, who annoys the ever loving shit outta me. But who I would live this life over, and over again with.

I am thankful for wonderful parents, who I am also proud to call my friends.

I am thankful for my wonderful brother, who has made me so proud in the past year that it makes me cry just thinking about it. Rj, you are a wonderful person, and the changes that you have made in the last year are incredible. No matter what you do in this life, it will be amazing, because that's what you are<3

I am thankful for an extended family that I love like crazy. I have the best aunts/uncles/cousin/grandparents a girl could ask for.

I am thankful for my friends. I have been more than blessed in this area. To all of you, near, and far...I love you all.

I am thankful for a warm house, on a cold night. Because I know many are not as fortunate.

I am thankful that I am able to complain about my weight.....because that means that I'm not starving.

I am thankful for people who have come and gone from my life, for whatever reason. They have had some hand in making me the person that I am today.



I have so much to be thankful for. And I think it's easy to forget that sometimes. There are always going to be things that break you down, and push you to your breaking point. But...you're alive! Live, love, make mistakes, build bridges, burn bridges, sing, dance, laugh, cry.....but overall, be thankful. Be thankful that you are able to do any of these things. Because life is so precious.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment